- the givers’ health and happiness,
- promotes social connection and
- can strengthen entire communities.
And between Thanksgiving and Christmas there’s a day that marks the perfect time to celebrate this spirit of generosity that increases quality of life, for you and those you love.
On this December 1, #GIVINGTUESDAY, a global day dedicated to giving back, you can honor a loved one with a simple, powerful gift of a monetary donation or a gently used cell phone, smart phone or tablet to Cell Phones For Soldiers. And reap all the rewards, from increased health, happiness, sense of well-being, better relations, and the knowledge that your gift is doing the same for American troops and veterans in need.
Your donation on #GivingTuesday is one way to build gratitude in everyday life. According to Barbara Fredrickson, a pioneering happiness researcher, “cultivating gratitude in everyday life is one of the keys to increasing personal happiness.”
From here, it’s easy to see how giving can create a virtuous cycle, spreading from one generous act.
Consider giving yourself, your loved ones and Cell Phones For Soldiers a gift of happiness and health this #Giving Tuesday, December 1 (and get a tax deduction!), in the following ways:
By supporting us on #GivingTuesday, you will assist in providing a lifeline to America’s bravest.
- A $10 donation= 5 hours of talk time for troops, affording them the opportunity to hear their child’s voice during the holidays.
- A $25 donation = 12.5 hours of talk time for troops.
- A $50 donation = one cell phone with one month of service for a veteran, allowing them to find a job or speak to a doctor.
- A $100 donation= new eye glasses for a veteran.
Make a monetary donation now.
You can also support Cell Phones For Soldiers’ efforts by:
- Starting a cell phone drive in your community.
- Promoting your support via Twitter by using @CPFSOfficial and the hashtag #GivingTuesday.
- Taking photos of your efforts to post on Facebook or Twitter.
Thank you for your support on #GivingTuesday and all year in providing a lifeline for America’s bravest.